The Bury St Edmunds Angling Association was founded in 1938. Our aims are to provide and maintain angling, promote fellowship amongst anglers, organise friendly fishing competitions and to preserve and further the sport of angling generally. The club offers angling on four lakes and members have the right to fish all Association waters, subject to restrictions imposed from time to time.
Latest club news
BADWELL ASH 19/02/24: We are asking members not to go to Badwell Ash at this time, due to the carpark being wet and boggy from the amount of rainfall recently. We do not want the carpark churned up, nor anybody’s car getting stuck. The club thanks all for their cooperation.
2024 AGM KEY OUTCOMES
Thanks to all that managed to attend this years AGM. For those that were unable to come, below are the main outcomes.
- Members voted in favour of the proposed increase in fees. Adults: £85, OAPs: £70, night ticket: £85, day tickets: £10
- The club will continue to invest time and money into the maintenance of all the lakes.
- Josh Revell-Brown was voted back on as Fishery Officer for a period of 3 years.
- David Plampin was voted to continue the role of treasurer along side his current secretary role.
- Ashley Moore was voted by members to continue as a committee member for a period of 3 years, also giving help to David in his treasurer role.
- Mike Brown was voted on by members as committee member for a period of 3 years with Rob Parnell stepping down.
- Grant Humphreys was voted on by members as match secretary for a period of 3 years.
- Night ticket availability will increase from 25 to 30.
- The club will continue to allow the use of bait boats on Water Lane.
- Work parties will be organised in the near future for Badwell Ash and Water lane.
LATEST MATCH NEWS
Our Match secretary, Grant is busy sorting out the 2024/2025 season’s matches. What was formally known as the Thursday veterans league, will now be the Bury AA Thursday league. This will be open to all Bury AA members, irrespective of age. It gives all anglers an exciting opportunity to get involved. Anybody wishing to fish the matches, including the Sunday club matches can contact Grant on 07512588254. All species in our waters, including carp will count towards weights, other than Pike. We look forward to what the matches will bring in the new season.
** Anglers can now purchase club tickets online **